Llandovery College has created a bespoke Junior Sports Academy Programme to nurture dedicated athletes and provide students with continued development in their chosen sport.
The Junior Sports Academy Programme provides keen athletes with high quality coaching, strength and conditioning and skills development.
The programme is designed to develop the athletic potential of the individual and Academy members develop transferable physical attributes, fundamental skills, strategies and tactics. Students also build a growth mindset along with an active and healthy approach to life.
Along with developing skills in their chosen sport, the Junior Sports Academy also instils the core fundamental knowledge required to prepare students for the Llandovery College Elite Rugby Programme.
Within the programme students learn:
- Preparing to perform - the fundamental key practices that maximise every session and match
- Gym protocols to ensure that each session is performed safely
- How to lift weights safely and correctly
- Running mechanics - how to move efficiently with speed and power
- Nutrition education - the importance of having the correct diet
- Education on recovery methods
- The importance of using analysis to maximise learnings
- Skillset induction - the importance of core skills and how they lead towards matches
Meet Our Team
Head of Sport
75 Caps for Wales Women's Rugby Squad
Triple Crown Winner 2009
Played Hockey for Wales Vets European tournament
Netball Under 16 and 18 Squad of Excellence
Director of Elite Rugby
Eight years of specialised coaching, athletic development, mentoring and education
Former Ospreys player
Head of Rugby
Nine caps for Wales Rugby Squad
Played for Barbarians and Wales
European Cup winner with Bath Rugby 1998