Llandovery College has created a bespoke Junior Sports Academy Programme to nurture dedicated athletes and provide students with continued development in their chosen sport.
The Junior Sports Academy Programme provides keen athletes with high quality coaching, strength and conditioning and skills development.
The programme is designed to develop the athletic potential of the individual and Academy members develop transferable physical attributes, fundamental skills, strategies and tactics. Students also build a growth mindset along with an active and healthy approach to life.
Along with developing skills in their chosen sport, the Junior Sports Academy also instils the core fundamental knowledge required to prepare students for the Llandovery College Elite Rugby Programme.
Within the programme students learn:
- Preparing to perform - the fundamental key practices that maximise every session and match
- Gym protocols to ensure that each session is performed safely
- How to lift weights safely and correctly
- Running mechanics - how to move efficiently with speed and power
- Nutrition education - the importance of having the correct diet
- Education on recovery methods
- The importance of using analysis to maximise learnings
- Skillset induction - the importance of core skills and how they lead towards matches
Sport Scholarships are awarded to those candidates displaying exceptional talent and potential in one or more sporting disciplines. At Llandovery College there is much competition in sport and the standard is high. Candidates should be able to perform comfortably at regional level in a major sport, demonstrate excellent general sportsmanship and show a keen interest in, and good knowledge, of sport.
Successful candidates will be expected to be effective leaders of the College sports teams and make a significant contribution to the sporting success of Llandovery College.
Please contact us to discuss the sport scholarships available on 01550 723005 or email@example.com